Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Proyecto Comics - Introduction

Comics Project - Introduction


1992 was a year that left a mark on my life. That year happened in the world of comics, "The Death of Superman", and thus began the "Comic Boom" of the early 90s.

I was 19 years old and finishing my second year of studies in architecture at the abattoir. I was fortunate to have two good friends and colleagues, Chepo and Taboada (if they ever get to read these lines, I send an affectionate greeting) who shared with me the love of sequential art. We began to write scripts for two stories, one of science fiction and another of sorcerers and warriors, who came to see some pages published in school magazines.

At that time I got my hands a book called "The Comics of Mao" (Gustavo Gili Edit.. Barcelona, 1976) Gino Nebiolo, Jean Chesneaux, and the famous Umberto Eco, which seriously address the issue of Comics, and how Chinese culture has been valued far higher than in Western culture. The conclusion I drew from this reading is that the comic is more a literary device, as valid as are the story and the novel, particularly as a means of effective communication.

Later, I was fortunate to talk briefly with a local artist who made me a gift, one of the most valuable I have received, this is the book "Understanding Comics" author Scott McCloud, through which I understood to make a Comic not just "paint monkeys to see what comes out" that the comic has a "grammar", a structure of characteristics and, above all, an art, is the Sequential Art.

Since then, with that in mind, I've been trying to make comics of a certain quality, and some results you can see my DeviantArt page, mostly on his own.

I recently had the opportunity to take a diploma course on Fiction and Comics given by Ivan Escalante, BA in Visual Arts, a graduate of the College of Arts of Yucatan, a very talented guy and experience in the middle of the Comics, of which I learned many things that must be taken into account when making a comic. This diploma is my first approach to the professionalization of my attempts self-taught.

As a result I managed to finish an 8-page short story, based on a story by Natalie Charles Henneberg called "Fishers of the Moon", published several years ago in an anthology of science fiction stories. He summarized, as adapted and the result is 8 pages that publish in the next inning.

And so begins my adventure in the world of comics, this project is to publish in this way, periodically, the stories to be developed. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed making them. Above all, I hope your criticism, I discovered that you can learn a lot from them.

I invite you to read the first comic of this blog.

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment

Si te gustó el artículo, este anuncio te puede interesar 👇